Eat-Drink-Buy-Art On Delmarva SPECIAL DEALS!
Socialize with us!
Facebook Instagram CONTACT US SHARE THIS
Get our e-newsletter!
EAT-DRINK BUY ART TOWNS EVENTS NEWS ABOUT HOME MENU
Octagonal Schoolhouse
6926 Bayside Dr. Cowgill's Corner  Dover, Delaware 19904

In 1829, Delaware became the second state to offer a free public school system. The Cowgill’s Corner octagonal schoolhouse near Little Creek opened in 1836 and is one of the few remaining buildings from that time period. The school was in use until 1930 when it was transitioned for use as a community meeting house. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 39.1951125 Longitude: -75.4768665



Website: http://archives.delaware.gov/markers/kc/KC-40.shtml